When it was originally introduced in the mid-1970s, the Aphex Aural Exciter® brought its distinctive sound to select sessions by leading recording artists, traveling from studio to studio as an exclusive (and expensive) rental unit.
A true groundbreaker, the original Aural Exciter was highly regarded for its ability to increase and enhance presence, brightness, and vibrancy on vocal and instrumental tracks alike. It was even credited as a "session player" on best-selling albums by the likes of Jackson Browne, Linda Ronstadt and James Taylor, engineered by Val Garay, who worked closely with us on the development of the plugin.
Modeled on one of only a few tube-powered units ever made, the new Waves Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter plugin delivers all the unique character of the rare original hardware unit, with all the advantages of software.
Waves Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter Features:
- Faithful model of the rare tube-powered original
- Adds brightness, vibrancy and depth
- Increases presence without raising levels
- Perfect for vocal and instrumental tracks alike
- Mix and AX modes for insert or send configurations
- Mono and stereo components
- Up to 24bit/192kHz resolution
- Supports TDM, RTAS, Audio Suite, VST, AU
- PC and Mac compatible
Waves Aphex Vintage Aural Exciter Controls:
- MODE selects the processing mode: MIX1, MIX2, AX.
- METER selects VU meter view options.
- INPUT controls input gain.
- AX MIX controls the amount of AX (aural excitement)
added to the original signal.
- OUTPUT controls output gain.
- MAINS controls analog characteristics caused by hum,
based on the power supplies of the original units.
- NOISE controls the level of the modeled analog noise.